In today’s fast paced society, working professionals need dogs that will keep up with the speed of their lifestyle – whether it is late nights at the office or fitting a lot of work, exercise and play into an already full schedule. Purebred Breeders Reviews has listed below the top 5 best large breed dogs for working professionals:
- Greyhound – most dogs in this breed are quiet and make good apartment dogs. They are very low maintenance, obedient and get along well with strangers. Even though they are sprinters, they do not need a lot of extensive exercise – just a half hour walk regularly will keep this dog healthy. Grooming is easy as they have a short, soft coat or no coat at all.
- Mastiff – this breed of dog can reach weights of up to 200lbs, but they truly are gentle giants. They are also low maintenance and are good for working professionals that love the outdoors. They will be comfortable living in apartments, as long as they get regular walks. You can always work them into an exercise routine that you are already on. Even though they do not bark a lot or make a lot of noise, they are unmatched when it comes down to protecting your property.
- Rottweilers – these dogs usually weigh approximately 85 – 130 pounds and are between 22 – 27 inches in height. They are good with persons with Type A personalities and active sporty types. This type of large breed dog is energetic, loyal and brave. They do not need a large place to run, just as long as you have them outside to play everyday. With this dog breed, you must take control of them from the start and treat them very well.
- St. Bernard – these dogs do not usually require a lot of yard space to roam. They are not as active or nervous as some other breeds. They must be trained though because of their size, which ranges from 120 – 180 pounds, but fortunately they are very responsive to commands as soon as they learn them. They only shed in Spring and Fall, which makes shedding less of a nuisance and coat maintenance very low.
- Labrador Retriever – they are very loyal and loving; as well as stable with reliable temperaments. They are highly intelligent which makes them easy to train. Even though they are clingy sometimes and want to follow you around, they are good watchdogs and you will enjoy coming home from a long day’s work to see this puppy pal wagging its tail. A Labrador can live quite happily in an apartment without a yard, just as long as he or she gets to go for a walk or run outside every day.
Purebred Breeders Reviews hopes that you will find the right large breed dog for your everyday life and encourages you to get a professional dog walker if you are unable to walk your dog regularly as this will help keep him or her fit, healthy and happy.